Who we are
We help Manulife transform. Our strengths lie within experimentation and continuous learning, which allow us to build an organization comprised of squads thriving on change.
We encourage, educate, and support you so you can master your skills and make a meaningful impact.
Your favorite tools, programs and languages. We continuously teach new technologies to keep the stack rolling.
We provide the same benefits to our employees that we would for our customers.
Sit wherever you want with our unassigned floorplan! Regroup with friends in the cafeteria. Oh, and play some foosball!
Relaxed, social, and productive! Join a community of people who want to help you do your best.
Go from Intermediate to Advanced with our continuous learning programs.
Head home in time for dinner! We want you to have a healthy work-life balance.
As you would expect for a technology team, we collaborate virtually via Slack, Zoom, Jira, & Confluence – but we prefer face-to-face where possible.
“We are passionate coaches that ignite the spirit of learning at Manulife; equipping our students with the building blocks to conquer any challenge.”
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER
“We are small but mighty. We wear hoodies not suits. We are trailblazers who embrace change and chaos. Transformation is in our name and levelling up is our game.”
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER
We’re striving to be the most digital, customer-centric global company in our industry.
Take a glance at our technological journey. We’re on a path of transformation and we want you to join us.
- A culture of experimenting and failing fast
- Initiate adoption of modern tooling
- Slack, GitLab, Concourse
- Ideate internal training program “Manulife University” (MU)
- In-house engineers prioritized first
ADAPTING & ACCELERATING
- Launch MU with first Manulife engineering cohort
- IT framework redesign to focus on engineering talent and grooming
- Eliminate gross work
- Jenkins Pipelines and Continuous Integration fully established
- Developed multiple internal channels for self-paced learning
SHARING OUR HUMANITY
- Launch community partnerships & sponsorships
- True North, Hack the North, Startup Fest
- Internal Engagement Programs
- UN-conference, HackITOut
- MU team wins Manulife award “Stars of Excellence”
DEFINING THE FUTURE OF WORK
- Create, mentor and partake in hackathons and technical challenges
- Invest time and effort in programs to enable Women in Tech to thrive
- Improving digital communication across the company
- Launch blogs, collaboration and social media channels